It’s so easy to make almond milk that I’m not sure why I waited so long to add this to my recipe repertoire.
- Soak 1 cup organic almonds 6-10 hours
- Thoroughly rinse almonds, discarding soak water
- Blend almonds with 4-5 cups filtered water using high-speed blender
- Although almond milk is delicious simply with almonds, for a different taste consider blending almonds with vanilla extract, 3-4 medjool dates or spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg
- Strain twice.
- Store in covered glass container in refrigerator
- Keeps fresh for 5-6 days
- Reserve almond pulp for use in other recipes
- How To Make Almond Milk — Eating Rules for how to video.
- 3 Creative Uses for Almond Pulp: Raw Bread, Raw Zucchini and Almond Hummus, and Raw Chocolate Protein “Fluff”! for what to do with your almond pulp!