Kale – In the Garden
- What is Kale
- Season & Zone: Kale thrives in cool weather and fades in our warm foothill summers. If you get snow, as we sometimes do in the Sierra foothills, cover kale with straw. Absent an Indian summer, kale thrives from October through the first weeks of June.
- How To Grow
- Pests and Prevention the Organic Way
- Harvesting: Kale leaves are either “cropped” which allows the bud to grow new leaves or the entire plant harvested in one cutting.
- Seed Saving Information
- El Dorado County’s Master Gardeners
- Plant a Row for the Hungry in El Dorado County